ETIQUETTES – IT’S PARTY TIME
The heart is the gateless gate to reality. Move from the head to the heart and if you do so, all problems dissolve. Everything is crystal clear and transparent leaving just the mysteries which turn to unforgettable sweet memories forever, says Osho. Music is speech of angels, a universal language of mankind. In music, one must think with the heart and feel with the brain and so, after every silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music! That’s when you dream and your every dream precedes the goal! Its like dancing away your blues to reach high for stars that lie hidden in your soul and this is when the heart and mind perform in harmony after all!
Feel the music, Dance away the blues, Live to Reality…..
May Peace be with you, Keep the faith – ilaxi
Dancing Benefits are galore, the most natural human activity that can be enjoyed at 5 yrs of age or 85!
* Gentle, wonderful way to exercise body
* Encourages good poise
* Develops coordination of mind and muscle
* Teaches good social graces
* Helps to keep youthful and live
* It is a social asset
* Hobby that friends or couples can enjoy
* Promotes confidence and self assurance
* Best way of entertainment, cheapest too.
ETIQUETTES – IT’S PARTY TIME
Enjoy! Have happier times at the Dance Floor with right Attitude. Dance with different partners as possible or just participate in Group Dancing but don’t be a standby corner, a loner watching the show. One learns the dance freak steps keeping in mind the rhythm, steps and right attitude.
If you are a Host
Invite the guest with proper planning schedules. Give away Invitation cards or telephone mentioning the specific time, date and venue. Decoration, food and music preparations should be well in advance with volunteer selections too. Welcome the participant guests and guide them to the floor. Don’t disappear for a tête-à-tête with an attractive guest or join special buddies but be available and friendly to all. Let the music be ultimate, chosen well in advance and as per the current trends. It should be a mixture of western pop to salsa to mambo to waltz to any Hindi pop music or Bhangra dance to suit as per guest choice. An exclusive ‘DJ’ can play his role here.
If you are the Guest
Accept or decline the invitation promptly, providing reason for rejecting the presence. Dress suitably. Code of dressing is very important at a dance party. Arrive on time, not early, not late. Offer greetings on arrival to the host and join the group. Be smiling and cheery – amusing too. Don’t stare, interrupt, contradict, argue, gossip, brag, pry or talk too much or too loudly that will loose the charm of dancing. Be a good listener, friendly and enthusiastic. Don’t relax much or be a standby to watch if you are at a loss of a particular dance number but learn imitate the dance. Be sophisticated and check your manners. Don’t eat or drink much at a Dance party. Above all, be confident and have a positive attitude.
* Dance the first and last dance with the partner whom you have escorted.
* Dance at least one dance with the hostess and once with the guest of honour, if any
* Never leave a partner in the middle of the dance floor.
* If you step on someone or collide with another couple, show the courteous tone of apology
* Don’t refuse a dance partner bluntly but politely avoid if you do not want.
* Watch your posture. Keep your back straight. Be light on your feet.
* Be smiling and you are sure to have more dancing proposals.
* Rest for a while if you are tired but don’t let those tiring lines show on your face.
Leaving the Party
Thank the hostess with appreciative words when its time to go home,. Don’t linger around later after showing your courtesies.
DANCE YOUR BLUES AWAY PAGES dedicated to all who got into the Groove to dance their Blues Away at Swagat. Let’s keep the Luv in our hearts & keep the memories alive! Its been great to Decorate the Christmas Tree for 12 long years with you all & dance away…